I get a bit of déja vu doing some of these 23 things - the original Charlotte Mecklenburg program was in 2006 I think, so some of the things that were newer then are as familiar as wallpaper now, like Facebook and the rest of the social networking phenomenon. But still a good place for libraries to have a presence.
For myself, I have a pretty minimal Facebook profile - in fact I think I still have a Christmas tree up on my site but from December 2007. I'm not crazy about the privacy and ownership aspects - privacy in particular is something it seems people are all to eager to exchange for fairly trivial benefits, so I wouldn't want to put up a whole lot of personal information. I've tried looking up people I've lost touch with but without much luck - I guess baby boomers aren't really a major force there. It's kind of too bad since that seems to be one of Facebook's nicer features.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
#12 social networking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment